Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

There's a rooster in the trunk!

When I was younger, I used to have a little Kellogg's Corn Flakes battery operated alarm clock. When it went off, the realistic sound of a rooster crowing jolted me awake. My father used to borrow it from time to time if he was going to have friends riding in the back seat of his car. He would put the clock in the trunk and set it to go off while they were riding in the car. When the friends questioned it, he would act all annoyed. "Oh damn, the rooster is loose in the trunk again".


3 comments:

Anderson said...

Bahahaha! I had this one too! Yer Dad sounds like a riot.

MJG196 said...

That's a great fuckin' memory!

purplepiyo said...

i still use mine everyday now since 1991 after receiving it from the mail in offer and it is working perfectly fine, but it turned yellowish, i had to cover 9/10th of the speaker with a sticker, so it wont be too louder to wake up the whole building! :D